Alessandro Trincone – My Favorite Designer of NYFWM SS19, The “Avvolgimi” Collection
Alessandro Trincone’s work never fails to amaze me. He has been one of my favorite designers for a while. So by me saying that Trincone’s show for the NYFWM SS19 Season, titled “Avvolgimi”, was one of my faves, I don’t take that lightly. A few years ago, I came across his work on Instagram and was immediately captivated by it. Trincone is a master of merging different elements into his timeless pieces; his vision for fashion is uniquely his own. When I look at his designs, the influences of Asian culture (particularly from Japan), femininity in a gender fluid way, and perhaps an element of European flair is what I love most about Alessandro’s designs.
With his “Avvolgimi” Collection, I love the whites, pinks, metals (copper, silver), mixed in with a subtle use of rainbow colors. As seen on the hats and certain outfits. He pairs together bows with ruffles, white sheer gloves, and fluffy (cloud-like) headpieces – further emphasizing a soft feminine feel. Trincone spins the fashion world on it’s head with his introduction of pieces that challenges the norm of fashion, and with pieces that can go both ways (gender fluid, gender neutral.) Whilst femininity often is portrayed as delicate and often so-called, “weak” (in comparison with strictly masculine attire), Trincone has challenged that belief. The feeling of strength and courage come to mind. Femininity promotes strength as well. Perhaps one of the biggest take-aways from the collection is there being fearlessness when you stand in your own power and express yourself the way you want to. You don’t need to conform to society.
This was Trincone’s first official debut at NYFW, and a show I’ve been eagerly participating for while (as mentioned above LOL.) It was a hectic times for Alessandro, but I managed to get a mini interview with the Designer about his influences, and to tell us more about himself and his story.
1. Thoughts about your first NYFW show?
- My first NYFW has been really unexpected. Everything was good, in my opinion, my team, my pr, the people in the backstage. I was really really nervous of course, it was my first big show in my favourite city in the world. It was my dream since I was just a child.
2. A little about how you got into fashion design?
- I got into fashion design just for causality. After high school, I was just 18 years old, I wanted to run away from my city, Naples. To do that, I had to choose what to do. I couldn’t leave the city just because society didn’t match up with me, so I tried to take the path of fashion. And it was the right path. I’m so lucky about that because I really didn’t expect to enjoy it that much; I especially fell in love with that (fashion).
3. What are your designs influenced by?
- My designs are influenced just by myself, my experiences, and by the society.
4. Your focus on making menswear?
- I focus on making clothes. Not thinking about men or women. Just clothes for people
I must add that I absolutely adore Trincone’s demeanor. As I’ve stated many times over on my blog and everywhere else, I admire souls that are genuine and have at least an ounce of gratitude(which he has plenty of). That’s another reason why I wanted to devote an exclusive blog about Alessandro Trincone’s work on my website, and to share it across the inter-webs. Thank you so much for bring your beautiful creations into reality.
“Avvolgimi encloses a personal journey which begins by discovering ourselves and ends with the free and resolute choice of self-expression. People who lack sensitivity and empathy, too often, even unconsciously, cause some psychological effects, they influence us to the point that at times we end up obsessed. The verbal violence and, in my own case, the physical one, has been in fact a painful turning point. A strong need of protection and comfort arose from that, pushing me firstly outward, looking for help in vain, but eventually reconnecting me with my most intimate and blissful dimension. This collection embodies the power within us, it celebrates life and people who find the courage to be themselves at any cost, breaching the tedious sexual standards and gender roles. It ultimately criticises the bigotry in today’s society and hypocrites who accept it, but actually they’re sadly pretending to be free,” Alessandro Trincone.
Photos and Media are Copyrighted KenseyJean, please ask for permission (and properly credit and link back to my site/social media) before using.
KenseyJean is a Photographer, Influencer and Youtuber that covers fashion, travel, culture, art, self development, and spirituality. She is the creater of AWAKENEDTRAVELERS, a movement currently being made. She seeks to awaken and empower the souls within each of us as we travel this physical reality together.
Kensey is based on Long Island NY and frequents NYC. She is on a mission to create a global community centered around all things beautiful, genuine, and empowering.